Christmas fireworks cancelled
The firework display at tonight's Christmas lights switch on in Great Yarmouth has been cancelled due to the weather.
A speed kick competition organised by Norwich City's Football in the Community team has also been called off as a result of high winds.
The entertainment begins 6pm with live music on the Heart Soundstage. Yarmouth mayor Micheal Jeal and comedian Andre Vincent are switching on the lights in the Market Place at 7pm.
The evening concludes with four piece party band Zoo performing a 45 minute set of sing-along tunes and many shops staying open until 9pm for the first Christmas late night shopping evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk