Christmas 2016: Norfolk shoppers struggle to get their hands on must-have toy Hatchimals
- Credit: Archant
Furby-like toys that peck their way out of an egg are reported to be the popular toy for Christmas 2016 and stock in Norfolk is selling fast.
Hatchimals are an interactive bird-like creatures that respond to human touch, light up, make sounds and eventually hatch from inside their egg.
Children then have the opportunity to raise their Hatchimal through three stages, teaching it how to walk, talk, dance and play games.
The quirky gift currently retails at £59.99, however demand for the toys, which have been flying off the shelves, has reached its peak with some selling on ebay for as much as £999.
Across Norfolk, stores such as Argos, The Entertainer, John Lewis, Kerrison Toys, Langleys, Jarrolds and Toys R Us have completely sold out of the product, resorting to offering waiting lists for when the toy eventually comes back in stock.
You may also want to watch:
The Entertainer in the Castle Mall received a shipment of six Hatchimals earlier this morning and staff reported they had sold out within two minutes of the store opening.
Angry parents have taken to social media to share their frustration at being unable to purchase the toy.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
Twitter user @xxKimxClarkxx said: 'Do I need to stand outside the factory that make Hatchimals to actually get one?' While @BRUMGUY revealed that he was penalised by The Entertainer for trying to order more than one of the toys, so his children could have one each.
Stores across Norwich are currently unsure as to when more Hatchimals will be available.
• Have you managed to get hold of a Hatchimal? Let us know in the comments below.