Chocolate Week 2016: 6 Norfolk chocolate shops you need to visit this Choc-tober
- Credit: Archant
It's National Chocolate Week this week which means it's time to satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy some guilt-free choccy delights. A variety of luxurious chocolates can be found here in Norfolk and we've picked out five local shops you need to check out.
1) Gnaw (Norwich)
Gnaw uses locally sourced ingredients and natural flavours to make their chocolates. Each chocolate is also hand-crafted. The company is a big supporter of the conservation and reintroduction of the red squirrel, native to this country. They have adopted a number from Pensthorpe Conservation Trust in Fakenham.
2) Booja-Booja (Norwich)
These chocolates truffles are organic, dairy-free, gluten-free and soya-free. Perfect if you're vegan, lactose or gluten intolerant. An estimated 32,000 chocolates were made here in one day. You can find these products at Tesco and Waitrose.
You may also want to watch:
3) Saffire Handmade Chocolates (Taverham)
This shop is a family-run business which specialises in Artisan chocolates, bars, truffles and novelties. All chocolates are hand-crafted. Visitors can even watch the chocolate being made and take part in a Chocolate Experience Workshop.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
4) Carousel Chocolates (Aylsham)
A wonderful local shop that showcases an exciting selection of luxury chocolates and hand-crafted Norfolk truffles.
5) The Fudge Company (Cromer)
If you're a fan of both chocolate and fudge, this shop is perfect you. Choose from a range of milk, dark, white, chocolate truffle fudge – all handmade with locally sourced ingredients.
6) Digby's Fine Chocolates (Norwich, Cromer, Aylsham)
Digby Eddison owns three chocolate shops across the county and imports chocolate from all over the world. The 53-year-old chocolateur has a new range of flavours to rival salted caramel, including Belgian chocolate with beer ganache, dark chocolate with balsamic ganache, strawberry with black pepper and Lime, mint and rum.