Cheeky charity calendar hits shops in Harleston
A cheeky fundraising calendar has hit the shops in a Norfolk town ahead of tickets going on sale for Calendar Girls – the hit show about Women's Institute members who pose nude for charity.
Members of the Harleston Players amateur dramatics group have bared all to raise money for Leukaemia Research and Breast Cancer Research – a cause close to them all, as six of the 'Pink Ladies' from the Tractor Road Run, which raises awareness of the disease, have posed for it.
Photographer and 'Pink Lady' Libby Searle, 45, from Bedingham, took the pictures last month at locations around the town which have now been published in her first collection of work.
'I've never done anything like this before,' said the full-time mum and school governor who has been taking photographs – mostly weddings and portraits – for almost 20 years.
'It was quite a challenge to get it right and to be discreet and to help them feel safe during the photo-shoot. They had never taken their clothes off in public before, but I think doing the photos helped them to feel more confident about it for the play.
You may also want to watch:
'We had a lot of fun doing it – it was hilarious.'
Each month represents an element of production: for example, costume, scenery, front of house, cast, producer and director. For some months they recreated scenes from past productions (with a twist!), including 'Allo 'Allo, Maskerade and A Christmas Carol.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Calendar Girls, directed by Sara Curtis and produced by Helen Farrar, will be performed at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston on Friday, October 26, Saturday, October 27, Wednesday, October 31, Thursday, November 1, Friday, November 2, and Saturday, November 3 (including matinee).
Tickets are available from Harleston Pet Stores from September 17.
The calendar is available in various shops in Harleston – priced at �7.50 (just look for the poster in the window).