Cawston Band to play live in Wymondham Abbey
A long-running brass band will perform live in an historic religious attraction.
The Cawston Band is putting on its Brass at Sunset concert at Wymondham Abbey on Saturday, September 30.
Music starts at 7.30pm and tickets cost £10. Children under 12 can watch for free.
The Cawston Band, which rehearses twice a week in Horsham St Faiths, was formed in 1886 in the Broadland village of Cawston.
Its original name was Cawston and District Silver Prize Band.
You may also want to watch:
The group was one of the first Norfolk bands to appear at the Royal Albert Hall in 1983.
Future performances include at the Norwich CAMRA Beer Festival on October 26 from 8.15pm and a remembrance service at Cawston church on November 12 from 2.45pm.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
To buy tickets for the Wymondham Abbey concert call 01953 888034 or visit Puff's Toyshop on Wymondham Market Place.