Catton Grove pupils celebrate Royal Wedding fever with Darren Huckerby
More than 500 Catton Grove Primary School pupils had a royally good time in the sunshine on Thursday to mark the historic wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The school's playground street party was a sight to behold, and one of its first events since becoming a primary – with children aged three all the way to 11 years old entering the spirit.
With the big wedding just around the corner, the Norwich school's dressed up pupils made reams of bunting, invitations and wrote fairytale stories, as well as holding a wedding cake competition that saw a host of impressive wedding cakes created by the children.
Legendary Norwich City footballer Darren Huckerby was also on hand to lend his star appeal to a great afternoon.
Reception teacher and street party organiser Helen Smith said: 'The children have been brilliant. They have enjoyed it immensely and the great thing is they have had the chance to celebrate a moment in our history.
You may also want to watch:
'It is an occasion they can create a memory of, and go home and talk to all their friends and family about.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000