Car gets stuck in Banham road sinkhole
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A suspected sinkhole, which opened up in a road in Banham, claimed a vehicle in the early-morning traffic.
A Ford Mondeo was turning out of Orchard Way into Crown Street about 6am when it got stuck in the hole, which is about 4ft long.
No-one was hurt in the accident.
Police were called to the scene and by 10am the car had been towed away with punctured front left tyre.
Norfolk County Council Highways Agency staff were still on the scene at 10.25am assessing the hole and seeing what repairs could be made. A road closure is in place in Church Hill between Greyhound Lane junction and the Crown Street junction.
You may also want to watch:
One fire crew from Attleborough attended to make the scene safe.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night