Car driver miraculously escapes Hilgay crash with minor injuries
- Credit: Supplied
A car driver had a miraculous escape after a tractor rolled onto his roof after overturning.
The man had to be cut free from his car by firefighters, but just suffered a hand injury.
King's Lynn fire station manager Grant Cotterell said: 'He had a very lucky escape. The tractor overturned, rolled onto its roof and landed on top of the car, on the driver's side, where the man was sitting. There was substantial damage to the car.'
It happened at about 7.30am today on the A10 at Hilgay, near Downham Market.
A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: 'We sent a rapid response vehicle, two ambulances, and an air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
'Three patients were treated, all of whom had sustained minor injuries and were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital via land ambulances in stable conditions.'
Fire crews from Littleport, King's Lynn, and Terrington attended.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 First patients receive Covid jabs at Norfolk's new mass vaccination centre
The A10 was closed at Hilgay for about six hours.