Car driver miraculously escapes Hilgay crash with minor injuries
- Credit: Supplied
A car driver had a miraculous escape after a tractor rolled onto his roof after overturning.
The man had to be cut free from his car by firefighters, but just suffered a hand injury.
King's Lynn fire station manager Grant Cotterell said: 'He had a very lucky escape. The tractor overturned, rolled onto its roof and landed on top of the car, on the driver's side, where the man was sitting. There was substantial damage to the car.'
It happened at about 7.30am today on the A10 at Hilgay, near Downham Market.
A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: 'We sent a rapid response vehicle, two ambulances, and an air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
'Three patients were treated, all of whom had sustained minor injuries and were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital via land ambulances in stable conditions.'
Fire crews from Littleport, King's Lynn, and Terrington attended.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
The A10 was closed at Hilgay for about six hours.