Calling all drivers! Jobs available with Greene King as company expands delivery fleet
- Credit: PA
Pub retailer and brewer, Greene King, is currently searching for new staff - could you join their team?
Founded in 1799, Greene King is the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, welcoming customers to over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across England, Wales and Scotland.
These include well-known brands such as Hungry Horse, Chef & Brewer, Farmhouse Inns and Flaming Grill, as well as Greene King Local pubs.
Based in Bury St Edmunds, the company, which was founded by Benjamin Greene, currently has a range of exciting positions available due to the expansion of their delivery fleet.
Roles available include Driver Dray Crew, Transport Controller, Shunter Driver and Night Dray Loaders.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants should be resilient and determined to provide a great level of service. Key traits and skills looked for in candidates include good articulation, flexibility, adaptability and a professional attitude.
Relevant qualifications are needed for each position, including a class C driving licence and evidence of Driver CPC training.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
For the Shunter Driver position a UK LGV 1 driving license, counterbalance licence and Digi Tacho card are also desirable.
Traci Edwards, Recruitment and Training Manager for Greene King, said: 'Working at Greene King is a different experience to any other pub company.
'We pride ourselves on our heritage but that doesn't stop us from investing in modern systems and equipment to support our depot teams in delivering the best possible service to our customers. This means that any newcomers to our business will have the benefit of our long experience in this industry along with up-to-date ways of working.
'Our depot teams work hard to ensure that we get the right beers, wines and spirits to the right pubs at the right time, and that means they have a 'can-do' attitude and are great at solving problems.
'We are proud of that ethos and welcome anyone who enjoys a working environment where teamwork really does make a difference.'
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, April 25. To apply visit jobs24.co.uk