Cake ideas on the menu at Norwich wedding show
Catering for your wedding guests is a key part of organising your special day, and our show this weekend aims to give lots of inspiration about this and every other aspect of planning the perfect day.
The EDP Wedding Show will be at Norwich City Football Club on Sunday, and it is the second time the show has been at the Carrow Road venue. More than 70 exhibitors will be at the event, showcasing everything from flowers to bridal wear to vintage cars, and of course ideas for the wedding breakfast and the all important wedding cake.
Megan Harbord, from The Rose and Glory Cake Company, based in Sedgeford, will be among those at the show after previously attending one of the EDP Wedding Shows at Dunston Hall.
Miss Harbord said 'naked cakes' without icing and rustically decorated with flowers and fruit were popular choices for wedding cakes at the moment, and carrot cake was also proving to be a popular flavour.
About the main things to consider when picking your cake, Miss Harbord said: 'Definitely the flavours. There's so many flavours out there and it's lovely to go for a different flavour for every tier.
You may also want to watch:
'It's also nice to have the cake reflect the colour scheme of your wedding - I like to use fresh flowers to match the bride's bouquet.'
Diana Sims, EDP wedding show manager, said more than 1,000 people came to last year's show at Carrow Road, and that it was hoped even more people would come to the show on Sunday.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
• Sunday's EDP Wedding Show at Carrow Road is free to enter. There will be a two-minute silence at 11am to mark Remembrance Sunday, and the show will then run until 4pm.
• For an eight-page supplement of the EDP Wedding Show, see Tuesday's paper.
• For more visit www.edp24.co.uk/weddings and follow @EDP24Weddings on Twitter