Jobs: What does it take to work at Jarrold?
PUBLISHED: 15:40 06 April 2016 | UPDATED: 17:56 06 April 2016
Copyright Archant Norfolk 2015
Norwich's independent department store currently has several vacancies. Recruitment Officer, Sara Green explains what it looks for in potential employees.
• What positions are Jarrold currently recruiting for?
Jarrold are always looking for hard working, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who will bring that little bit extra to our team. We currently have several exciting positions available, including a full time commis chef working 37.5 hours per week, full time food and beverage development manager, a permanent ladies fashion team leader as well as various part time and full time vacancies in our beauty hall.
• Do you face challenges attracting talent? What are those challenges and how do you overcome them?
Jarrold is a flagship independent department store with a reputation of being the best in Norfolk, so we are fortunate that applicants come to us.
The only potential challenge we might face are those not familiar to the Norfolk area and not aware of our iconic Jarrold brand.
• What skills do you look for among potential recruits? How do you measure those skills?
We look for people who have experience in similar environments. Applicants with the right attitude, attention to detail and excellent customer services skills, together with the drive to do well and succeed are the most attractive candidates to Jarrold.
• What (non-wage) benefits do you offer your employees?
We offer lots of benefits for our employees, such as a generous staff discount card, subsidized staff canteen, child care vouchers scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted uniform and talent development opportunities.
• How do you measure success among your employees at Jarrold?
During our probation period we work very closely with the Team Leaders and Managers to support and monitor new recruits and mentor them into the business.
We will always encourage our employees in their career development and there are many opportunities for advancement across the stores. We have a programme of regular review and appraisal at all levels.
• What do your employees like about Norwich/Norfolk?
Our employees love the area and how close we are to many lovely places, including coastal beaches, woodlands and the Broads network of waterways.
In addition the train network takes you easily to London, Ipswich and Cambridge, road travel has much improved with the dualling of the A11 and Norwich International Airport offers a variety of flights both within the UK and abroad making Norfolk very accessible to all.
• This article was brought to you by Jarrold
• Find hundreds of local jobs online at Jobs24.co.uk and see the Jobs24 supplement in the EDP every Thursday for the latest local job vacancies.