Finalists in IoD’s Director of the Year awards are named
PUBLISHED: 16:34 09 May 2018 | UPDATED: 16:49 09 May 2018
Business leaders from across Norfolk and Suffolk have been named as finalists in the Institute of Directors’ East of England annual awards.
The Director of the Year Awards recognise leaders who have set exceptional standards of leadership and demonstrated good corporate governance, and will be held at The Jockey Club Rooms in Newmarket on June 15.
Simone Robinson, head of regional relationships at the IoD in the East of England, said that the entries were of the “highest quality”.
“The judging panel had an extremely difficult job in choosing the shortlist and all finalists deserve huge congratulations,” she said. “We look forward to announcing the winners in June as we honour the outstanding leadership they have displayed within their organisations.”
The nine categories are: Family Business; SME; Innovation; Global; Public/Third Sector; Start-up; Non-executive Director and Corporate Social Responsibility, and there will be a new Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice announced at the awards lunch.
The winners will then be considered for the national finals in London.
The 2018 IoD East of England Director of the Year finalists are:
• Ian Watson, chief executive of Start-Rite Shoes (Norwich);
• Sarah West, managing director of Full Mix Marketing (Norwich);
• Chris Cliffe, director of CJC Procurement Ltd (Norwich);
• Andrew Brammer, managing director of PSS Ltd, based in (North Walsham);
• Doug Field, joint chief executive of East of England Co-op (Ipswich);
• Laura Morrison, managing director of Your Telemarketing Ltd (Bury St Edmunds);
• Michelle Pollard, managing director of Spider Fixed Fee Web Recruitment (Ipswich);
• Tarnia Robertson, managing director of Ufford Park Woodbridge, Hotel, Golf & Spa (Woodbridge, Suffolk);
• Jane Gurney, chief executive officer of the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (Colchester);
• Joseph Valente, managing director of ImpraGas (Yaxley, Cambs);
• Stuart Grainger, managing director of FWD-IP Ltd (Ely);
• Adam Cozens, co-founder and director of Perky Blenders (Walthamstow);
• Will Stewart, managing director of The Point.1888 (Shenfield);
• Debbie Gardiner, non-exec director Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) (Dunstable, Beds)
• Peter Williamson, managing director, RA Rodriguez (UK) Limited (Letchworth);
• Richard McBarnet, managing director, Lumina Technologies Ltd (Hemel Hempstead);
• Helen Mayhew, director, BeeZee Bodies CIC (Hatfield);
• David Hosking, chief executive of Tuskerdirect (Watford).
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.