What Is Future50?
Future50 is an exciting business growth programme that's designed to recognise Norfolk and Suffolk's most innovative companies. We want to find the region's 'ones to watch' and to accelerate their growth ambitions through inspirational keynote events that stimulate peer learning, collaborative discussion groups, exposure in local media brands and business support from our key partners and their network. Future50 members will be the individuals and companies that will be creating jobs, growing at a faster rate than others and that have the drive and ambition needed to be leaders in their sector.
Future50 is delivered across Norfolk and Suffolk by Archant, with partners Barclays, Birketts, Lovewell Blake, New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership and UEA adding ongoing support throughout.
Who can apply?
Future50 is open to Norfolk and Suffolk's small-to-medium sized business.
Anyone can apply, but we're looking for enterprising and innovative entrepreneurs and businesses with the greatest potential to have an impact on the local economy over the next three years.
Do you have what it takes?
Future50 is about finding inspiring, pioneering and ambitious individuals who are driven to succeed in local business. Typically these are entrepreneurs that have:
- Run a business for at least a couple of years and have already seen some growth in that business;
- A desire to learn from others, evaluate and then take action;
- A clear focus on objectives and goals;
- A desire to innovate, both in terms of products and services but also in creating an exciting business culture;
- A desire to export now or in the future;
- Valued partnerships and an openness to exploring opportunity and collaboration.
Why should you apply?
As a Future50 member you will receive a number of benefits that will give your business the competitive edge it needs to succeed:
- Exclusive events that will provide unique access to business innovators and champions;
- Development of a peer group that provides support, learning and trading opportunities;
- Multimedia exposure through the scheme, and via Archant media channels;
- Regular updates on topical business issues and key local developments;
- Access to business support through the partners and their network to develop strategy, business plans and support implementation, access to finance and financial performance;
- Signposting to local and national funding opportunities to assist investment plans.
Growing our region
As a Future50 member you'll also be playing an important and exciting part in the development of our region. By working with businesses that have the potential to make the most economic impact locally over the course of the next three years, Future50 will stimulate enterprise in the area and provide a lasting legacy based on quality jobs and increased trade. Your business could play a key role in the local economy for years to come, providing inspiration and future support for the next generation of aspiring entrepreneurs and emerging companies
What are you waiting for?
This could be the excellent opportunity that your business has been waiting for. It will help you develop as an individual, will accelerate your business growth, bring forward potential expansion plans and put you in the ideal position to exploit any new opportunity that comes your way.
The scheme is selective, with a panel assessing all applications, so unfortunately not every business will be successful. But we'll provide feedback on decisions and help you to access alternative support to assist your growth plans outside of the scheme.
The steps are simple:
- Consider the eligibility requirements relating to potential growth of the business through investment and/or job creation, and how you believe your business will benefit from membership
- Complete the online application form
- Your application will be reviewed and checked by our team, who will then contact you to discuss it further. This may involve a visit.
- All applications will be reviewed by our panel for a final decision.
- Applicants will be notified as to whether they have been accepted onto the Future50 programme.
Simply click below to get started...