Brundall boat flotilla stirs memories and marks boat builder’s 115th anniversary
More than a century of Norfolk Broads history was on display yesterday when a flotilla of boats took part in a celebration of a boat builder's 115th anniversary.
The pageant of 43 boats at Broom's marina at Brundall was headed by a vessel that traced its history back to 1911, and saw boats follow it in chronological order.
Matthew Stone, who runs Norfolk Boat Sales, was near the back of the procession, driving a Broom 370 for a client.
He said: 'Looking forward it was incredible to see 43 boats. It does not sound much, but when you see them it's amazing to see all that history. You can't imagine many Norfolk companies that have lasted that long.
'It was quite emotional for some people, who had worked there man and boy, to see some of these boats there ,in beautiful condition, that they worked on as apprentices.'
You may also want to watch:
Some people taking part got into the spirit of bygone eras with straw hats and blazers as they toasted the company's success.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 10 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?