Brundall boat flotilla stirs memories and marks boat builder’s 115th anniversary
More than a century of Norfolk Broads history was on display yesterday when a flotilla of boats took part in a celebration of a boat builder's 115th anniversary.
The pageant of 43 boats at Broom's marina at Brundall was headed by a vessel that traced its history back to 1911, and saw boats follow it in chronological order.
Matthew Stone, who runs Norfolk Boat Sales, was near the back of the procession, driving a Broom 370 for a client.
He said: 'Looking forward it was incredible to see 43 boats. It does not sound much, but when you see them it's amazing to see all that history. You can't imagine many Norfolk companies that have lasted that long.
'It was quite emotional for some people, who had worked there man and boy, to see some of these boats there ,in beautiful condition, that they worked on as apprentices.'
You may also want to watch:
Some people taking part got into the spirit of bygone eras with straw hats and blazers as they toasted the company's success.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures