Bright future for Ed with big new band
- Credit: Archant
He has graced stages around the world playing alongside musical icons such as Brian May but now Ed Graham is commencing a new musical adventure.
Formerly drummer of Lowestoft's most successful rock band, The Darkness, Ed Graham has toured the world and released platinum-selling albums.
But since departing The Darkness in 2014, Mr Graham has gone on to form a new musical project with singer-songwriter Angus Duprey, keyboard player Rebecca Waller, Lowestoft, and guitarists Pete Turrell and David Donley both heralding from Norwich.
Former East Point Academy student, Mr Graham said: 'After The Darkness, I took some time out of music enjoying summer festivals and Christmas 2014, before starting work with Angus early in 2015.
'I'm very excited about this new band, our songs and playing live again.
You may also want to watch:
'I am having a much more hands on role now, booking gigs with previous contacts and hiring vans- which I'm enjoying.'
Taking their name from a song written by lead singer Angus Duprey, Puppets to the Supreme Commander have already begun recording sessions at Ashwood Studios in Norwich, for a debut album to be released later this year.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
And the rock fivesome explain they have many more exciting plans for 2017 including performing festivals and shows across the UK and abroad.
But first of all they are set to play a homecoming gig at The Zoo on Claremont Pier, in Lowestoft, later this month.
'The Lowestoft show on the Claremont Pier is very important to me. Many old friends and family will be attending. The last time I set foot on a stage was at the Aquarium in Christmas of 2013,' added Mr Graham.
Puppets to the Supreme Commander will perform The Zoo on Claremont Pier from 8pm on Friday, September 23.
Tickets cost £6, to book call 01502 573533.