Brass band launch Wymondham Music Festival line-up
Brass band music echoed around Wymondham's market place at the weekend for the launch of the town's annual festival.
The Wymondham Area Schools' Brass Band performed in the town centre on Saturday to mark the release of Wymondham Music Festival's 2011 programme.
The market town will be hosting a series of events to mark its 16th annual festival fortnight, which will run from June 25 to July 10.
The summer programme promotes nearly 70 events, many of them free, featuring classical, folk, world, jazz, blues, pop, rock and soul music taking place in a range of venues across the town.
Highlights during the two week festival include concerts at the 12th century Wymondham Abbey featuring Mercury Prize finalist Kit Downes Trio on June 30, the Aquarelle Guitar Quartet on June 25 and violinist Madeleine Mitchell and pianist Andrew Ball on June 29. Central Hall hosts The SweetBeats on July 2 and Norfolk's Lee Vasey Band on July 6, the Zimbabwean rhythms of the Anna Mudeka Band on July 8 and the Matt Wates Jazz Sextet on July 9.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the annual Midsummer Jazz Picnic at Becketswell featuring the Dixie Mix Jazz Band on June 27 and King's Head Meadow hosts the Teddy Bears' Picnic on July 3 with live music and storytelling.
John Wood, chairman of the Wymondham Music Festival, said: 'We are looking forward to a busy summer of music and hope that lots of old and new friends join us.'
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 10 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
Other free Market Place events staged on Saturdays from 10am to midday include The He Hews on May 14, Town Busking Day on May 28, Norwich Ukulele Society on June 4, Bays River Jazz on June 11, Wymondham High School Jazz Orchestra and the Jazz Band of the Gymnasium Waldstrasse, Hattingen on June 25, SmokeHouse Blues New Orleans Marching Band on July 2 and Johnny Jump Band on July 9.
Tickets also went on sale at the weekend at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01953 601939. Tickets can also be purchased at The Book Fountain in Wymondham.
For more information, visit www.wymfestival.org.uk