Blake and Paul Daniels booked for 2012 Dereham Festival
An impressive variety of stars including classical boyband Blake and magician Paul Daniels have been booked to appear at the 2012 Dereham Community Festival.
The festival is scheduled between May 19 and June 17 next year, with the organising committee promising an array of international names as well as local performers.
The following acts have already been confirmed for the town's Memorial Hall, which is due to re-open after a �2.6m renovation later this year:
?May 25: Internationally-acclaimed classical pianist Warren Mailley-Smith.
?May 26: Pop-classical male quartet Blake.
You may also want to watch:
?May 27: City of London Sinfonia chamber orchestra.
?June 2: Magician Paul Daniels.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
?June 8: Pianist and singer/songwriter Elio Pace.
?June 16: John Coghlan's Quo, a band formed by the original drummer for Status Quo.
The committee is also inviting organisations around the town and surrounding district to organise their own events during the festival. Any age group or activity could be involved, ranging from music, art, sport and school groups.
Committee chairman Jim Stebbings said: 'We are keen that the festival will have something for everyone and are particularly keen to include events for young people.
'The committee believes that the 2012 festival gives the town and surrounding area the opportunity to make it a year to remember for Dereham, celebrating all that goes on in the town and marking the Queen's Jubilee year.
'It also provides an opportunity for the public to flavour the sort of events at Memorial Hall which hopefully will set the standard for the future.'
The committee is also looking for offers from commercial organisations to support the funding of the events programme.
?For further details, contact committee members Jim Stebbings on 01362 693277 / 07786 256032, Brigitte Morton on 01362 696758 or June Ross on 01362 692247.