Bestselling author Natasha celebrates publication of new book
- Credit: Ian Burt
A New York Times bestselling novelist who entered the literary world through self-publishing is celebrating the release of her latest book.
Natasha Preston, from Brandon, began writing several years ago and published her first novel herself in 2010.
Her young adult fiction attracted the attention of US-based publisher Sourcebooks, who offered her a two-book contract.
The second, The Cabin, was released on September 6, and following its success the 28-year-old has been offered another two-book deal by her publisher – and there is even talk of film rights for her new thriller.
She said: 'I found my publisher on Wattpad, an amateur writing site. They offered me a two-book deal – the first was called The Cellar, and this is the second. They're both independent books, not a series.
You may also want to watch:
'They're young adult thrillers, with serial killers and all that. I feeling good about it.'
The mother of two fits her writing in whenever she can around the needs of her sons Ashton, five, and newborn Remy.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
'The eldest has just started primary school so I just have one child to content with,' she said.
'The way I write is whenever I feel like it, if I can and they are asleep I try to get some in.
'I have a notebook with probably about 15 different ideas – I like to keep busy. Some of them are similar to my novels.'
Ms Preston's first novel published with Sourcebooks, The Cellar, became a New York Times best-seller.
She still self-publishes young adult romance novels online, with around seven to her name so far.
When asked about the possibility of film rights to The Cabin, she said: 'That is something my agent deals with, but it would be nice!'
The Cabin is available to buy through Amazon.