Bands prepare for battle in Diss Corn Hall final
The five bands who will battle it out for the Band DISScovery 2011 crown have been announced.
After four heats the bands who have made it through to the grand final are Electric Youth Revolt and Sohcahtoa, both from Diss, Twisted Piglet, from Eye, and Typewriter Radio, from Norwich.
A fifth band who will also compete for a shot at the title are The Easy Brothers, who secured an audience vote.
The final stage of the Norfolk unsigned bands competition will take place at Diss Corn Hall tomorrow [Friday] from 7.30pm.
Judging the contest will be Jono Heale, of Access to Music, Jo Bowley, youth worker and lead singer of The BB's, and Mick Ryder, tour and production manager for Black Sabbath and UB40.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes will include a three-track EP professionally recorded at Music Outpost Studios, free state-of-the-art PA hire and services of a sound engineer for a gig in East Anglia, a gig at Diss Corn Hall, a CD of the grand final performance and an opportunity to perform in front of crowds at Diss Carnival.
Tickets cost �4 in advance or �5 on the door. For more information, call Diss Corn Hall box office on 01379 652241 or visit www.disscornhall.co.uk
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs