Band Come In Silence from Wymondham and Attleborough to play at the O2 after battle of the bands success
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk-based rock band has made it through to the national final of a battle of the bands competition.
Come In Silence, whose members hail from Wymondham and Attleborough, is one of just seven up-and-coming groups from across the country to take part in the Live at Your Local contest at indigo at The O2 on Friday, August 18.
Danny James, guitarist and lead vocalist, said they were thrilled about making it through to the final, which will feature a gig by the band Razorlight.
READ MORE: Norfolk band Come in Silence hope to rock to victory in Live At Your Local contest at the O2He said: 'It's great to be going through to the O2 this Friday, sharing a stage with Razorlight and playing to such a large crowd.
'We all thank everyone who has voted for us, hopefully we'll go there and win.
'It helps having 50-plus of our friends and fans coming along to support us as well.'
You may also want to watch:
The other band members are Luke Dawson Vincent, Joe Penson and Gene Furneaux.
Tickets for the final are available from www.axs.com by searching for Live at Your Local.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village