Arcade businesses team up for cancer fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Businesses are holding fundraising day to raise money for a cancer charity.
Traders in the Victoria Arcade in Great Yarmouth are holding an activity day in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The shops taking part are Subway, Finishing Touches, USA Nails, Woodcraft, Sowchic, Steve's Sweets and the Barber shop.
The event is taking place on Monday, May 29 from 1-4pm and is being organised by Roy Singfield.
The charity was founded in 1911 as the Society for the Prevention and Relief of Cancer, by Douglas Macmillan following the death of his father from the disease.
You may also want to watch:
Now, the modern charity not only provides specialist nurses trained in cancer support, but also runs cancer support groups, employs benefits advisers and cancer support specialists, and can help with practical, medical, financial and emotional support to both patients and their families.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park