Arcade businesses team up for cancer fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Businesses are holding fundraising day to raise money for a cancer charity.
Traders in the Victoria Arcade in Great Yarmouth are holding an activity day in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The shops taking part are Subway, Finishing Touches, USA Nails, Woodcraft, Sowchic, Steve's Sweets and the Barber shop.
The event is taking place on Monday, May 29 from 1-4pm and is being organised by Roy Singfield.
The charity was founded in 1911 as the Society for the Prevention and Relief of Cancer, by Douglas Macmillan following the death of his father from the disease.
You may also want to watch:
Now, the modern charity not only provides specialist nurses trained in cancer support, but also runs cancer support groups, employs benefits advisers and cancer support specialists, and can help with practical, medical, financial and emotional support to both patients and their families.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools