André Rieu Maastrict Concert 2017 to be screened at Diss Corn Hall
- Credit: Marcel van Hoorn
Dutch violinist André Rieu's 2017 Maastricht Concert will screen via satellite at Diss' Corn Hall.
Mr Rieu is known for his energetic and spell-binding live performances, as well as amassing over 40m album and DVD sales worldwide.
He is one of the world's highest-grossing touring artists and every year performs a concert in his home town of Maastricht to tens of thousands of people, who travel from all over the globe.
The Maastricht concert features his famous 60-piece Johann Strauss Orchestra, sopranos, tenors and special guests.
Last year, the event broke his own record for music event cinema – grossing more than £1.4m at the UK box office over one weekend, more than Take That and One Direction.
You may also want to watch:
The concert in 2017 will hold extra special significance, as it marks 30 years since Mr Rieu formed the Johann Strauss Orchestra.
He said: 'When I founded the Johann Strauss Orchestra in 1987, there were only 12 orchestra members - now there are more than 60 people on stage!
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
'Although a lot has changed, there is one thing which has never changed - the joy of playing together, whether in a small group or a big orchestra.
'We are so much looking forward to bringing this joy again this year to your cinema in July. The program will be very diverse, reflecting this special anniversary.
'I do hope you will all join us for an unforgettable, magical evening brought to you from my romantic hometown Maastricht.'
Screenings of the concert are taking place across the UK. The one at Diss Corn Hall will take place on Saturday, July 22 at 7pm.
Book tickets at www.thecornhall.co.uk