André Rieu Maastrict Concert 2017 to be screened at Diss Corn Hall
- Credit: Marcel van Hoorn
Dutch violinist André Rieu's 2017 Maastricht Concert will screen via satellite at Diss' Corn Hall.
Mr Rieu is known for his energetic and spell-binding live performances, as well as amassing over 40m album and DVD sales worldwide.
He is one of the world's highest-grossing touring artists and every year performs a concert in his home town of Maastricht to tens of thousands of people, who travel from all over the globe.
The Maastricht concert features his famous 60-piece Johann Strauss Orchestra, sopranos, tenors and special guests.
Last year, the event broke his own record for music event cinema – grossing more than £1.4m at the UK box office over one weekend, more than Take That and One Direction.
You may also want to watch:
The concert in 2017 will hold extra special significance, as it marks 30 years since Mr Rieu formed the Johann Strauss Orchestra.
He said: 'When I founded the Johann Strauss Orchestra in 1987, there were only 12 orchestra members - now there are more than 60 people on stage!
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
'Although a lot has changed, there is one thing which has never changed - the joy of playing together, whether in a small group or a big orchestra.
'We are so much looking forward to bringing this joy again this year to your cinema in July. The program will be very diverse, reflecting this special anniversary.
'I do hope you will all join us for an unforgettable, magical evening brought to you from my romantic hometown Maastricht.'
Screenings of the concert are taking place across the UK. The one at Diss Corn Hall will take place on Saturday, July 22 at 7pm.
Book tickets at www.thecornhall.co.uk