Aldi Christmas advert 2016: Kevin the carrot goes on festive adventure to meet Santa
- Credit: YouTube/AldiUK
A carrot called Kevin on a quest for some festive fulfilment takes centre stage in Aldi's Christmas advert for 2016.
The advert is set on Christmas Eve and features a voiceover from British acting legend Jim Broadbent in the style of the poem A Visit From St. Nicholas, which begins with the infamous line 'T'was the night before Christmas'.
It shows Kevin's struggle to make his way across a dining room in a bid to meet Santa by waiting by the Christmas treats left out for the festive fellow.
After a treacherous journey across a dinner table spread with a traditional Christmas dinner, he takes a quick nap by a mince pie and wakes up to find he has been hung up on Santa's sleigh as a way to make the reindeer go faster.
Customers will be able to get their hands on a limited-edition soft toy of Kevin The Carrot, which will launch in Aldi stores from 24 November with 100pc of profits go to charity Barnardo's.
You may also want to watch:
• What do you think of Aldi' festive offering? Let us know by commenting below.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder