37 pictures that sum up living in Norfolk perfectly
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From the beautiful Norfolk coastline and pretty Broadland villages, to the fine city of Norwich, we have plenty of reasons to love our corner of East Anglia
1. Once you arrive into Nelson's County, you'll discover it is full of picturesque villages, bustling towns and breath-taking beaches.
2. We have an outdoor market that is over 900 years old…
3. … and a castle that was founded by William the Conquerer.
You may also want to watch:
4. The Broads are great for family holidays…
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
5. … or walking the dog
6. … or sailing.
7. You can relax at one of Norfolk's cosy country pubs…
8. or prop up the bar in a friendly city pub.
9. We are proud of our dialect, so we put it on our signs…
10. …and even include it in our street art.
11. Even though Alan Partridge is a fictional Norfolk character, we campaigned to have the premier of his film in Anglia Square, Norwich.
12. Which incidentally, is a striking example of Brutalist architecture…
13. …so are the Ziggurats at the UEA.
14. In fact, Norfolk is home to an abundance of stunning architecture. From 12th century Abbeys…
15. …to moated manor houses,
16. ... the Royal Family even have a house here.
17. In Lenwade, there are dinosaurs waiting to be discovered…
18. … and tigers at Thrigby Hall.
19. Or head to Banham to find giraffes…
20. …and a great car boot on a Sunday!
21. The countryside here is beautiful.
22. Hills can be hard to find in Norfolk…
23. …but if you think Norfolk is flat as a pancake, you've clearly never tried to cycle up Gas Hill.
24. Norwich is home to the best high street in the UK.
25. Chances are that you know someone who has worked at Aviva, formerly Norwich Union…
26. ...or Archant, one of the largest regional newspaper publishers in the UK.
27. We don't understand why non-Norfolk people can't pronounce Wymondham…
28. … or Happisburgh.
29. Cheering 'On the ball City' in Carrow Road at weekends is the norm, and reportedly the world's oldest football song still in use today.
30. While you're at Norwich City Football Club, you might bump into majority shareholder, Delia Smith.
31. You're never to far from the beach in Norfolk.
32. You can find traditional beach huts in Wells …
33. ..or unspoilt tranquil beauty at Brancaster.
34. And some ridiculously good sunsets.
35. There's seals at Blakeney…
36. … not forgetting Cromer crabs!
37. Norfolk is just the best.