20 annoying things about Norwich in the countdown to Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has truly excelled itself this year with extravagant Christmas celebrations including light projections, Christmas markets and the spectacular tunnel of light. But with that comes queues, irritating social media posts and Ed Balls. Here's 20 annoying things about Norwich in the countdown to Christmas that will make you channel your inner Scrooge.
1. Gentleman's Walk on a Saturday afternoon looking like the Penguin scene in Planet Earth II
2. The trains are even slower than normal
3. Or there's a farmyard animal on the tracks
4. Prince of Wales Road is as eventful as the Christmas episode of EastEnders
5. Fight for a parking space is fiercer than the fight for Take That tickets
You may also want to watch:
6. The tunnel of light area is more congested than the M25
7. The endless pictures of it on social media
8. When vandals cut the wires
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
9. Ed Balls
10. Queues for the bus are longer than Krispy Kreme opening day11. New Years Eve on Prince of Wales Road is growing ever nearer
12. Every restaurant in the city is packed
13. Getting a taxi is more of an ordeal than the Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Special
14. When NCFC keep on losing
15. The Antarctic temperatures
16. Never ever EVER being warm
17. Black Friday
19. Avoiding the Christmas work parties obstacle course
20 Did I mention Prince of Wales Road?
What annoys you in Norwich in the countdown to Christmas? Let us know in the comments.