15 festive music events in Norwich you can’t miss this Christmas
- Credit: Ian Burt
Christmas isn't complete without a round of carols, so here's a look at some of the concerts and performances of festive favourites that will be taking place in the fine city this December:
• G4 Christmas by Candlelight Concert, Norwich Cathedral
The multi-selling X Factor stars, G4, will return to Norwich on November 22 as part of their Christmas by Candlelight tour which will see Jonathan, Ben, Mike and Nick perform an intimate concert featuring songs from their Christmas album as well as classic carols. Tickets for the event have sold out, but returns may become available.
• Norwich High School Choir, The Forum
Thursday, December 1 will see the junior choir join staff and guests for the official switch on of the Forum Christmas tree. This event will feature festive music performances and money will be raised for various charities.
You may also want to watch:
• Low: A Christmas Performance, Norwich Arts Centre
American indie rock group, Low, will be heading to Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday, December 1 at 8pm to perform some of their hit Christmas covers, such as 'Little Drummer Boy', 'Blue Christmas' and 'Silent Night'. Accompanying them will be Harkin and Erik Koskinen. Tickets cost £20 in advance or £22.50 on the door.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
• Invidia Voices and ILOVEUKE, The Forum, Sunday December 4, 12pm
This musical event will feature two hours of unique Christmas music from singers and musicians taking part in Big C's Christmas Carols.
• Jona Lewie, Open
Best known for his popular Christmas hit, 'Stop the Cavalry', seasonal favourite Jona Lewie will be performing a range of his most memorable songs as well as tracks from his new album at Open on December 3. Tickets for the performance cost £13.44 and refunds can only be issued if a show is cancelled or postponed.
• The RAF in Concert, Norwich Theatre Royal
The Royal Air Force's finest musicians will be heading to the fine city on Sunday December 4 for an evening of uplifting musical entertainment, featuring a mix of show tunes, classical pieces, big band numbers and military marches.
• Carols with the King, The Forum
The Blue Sueders with Elvis and Buble tirbute Dale Bullimore will be performing a festive mix of Elvis' Christmas songs and his classic hits. The event, on December 4, will be hosted by Olly Day and will be raising money for charity with a raffle offering exciting prizes. Floor tickets for the event have now sold out, but Pizza Express balcony tickets are still available, which cost £15 but in addition a meal in the restaurant must be ordered and paid for on the night.
• The Locrian Ensemble: Carols by Candlelight, Norwich Playhouse
The Locrian Ensemble, one of Britain's most popular touring groups, will be making their way to Norwich on Friday, December 9 to perform their annual Christmas show, dressed in period costume. The show will feature a range of carols, string medleys of familiar Christmas tunes and seasonal surprises. They will be joined for the special evening by West End star, Jill Washington. Tickets cost £19.50 and the event will last two hours including interval.
• Benoit Viellefon and his Orchestra, Open
French singer and guitarist, Benoit Viellefon will be performing with his orchestra on Saturday, December 10. This exclusive evening will also feature a Christmas Dinner prepared by The Feed, a live band playing music from the 1920s, 30s and 40s, croupier and casino tables and a vintage photobooth. Guests should dress in style and tickets cost £200 (plus VAT) for a table of four or £375 (plus VAT) for a table of eight.
• Evening News Carols for Christmas, St Peter Mancroft Church
The annual night of song and seasonal joy will take place this year at St Peter Mancroft Church on Tuesday, December 13. The church will be filled with candles for the occasion and the programme will feature traditional carols and readings. Crucial funds will be raised at the event for the Mancroft Advice Project (MAP) which offers support to young people to help them find their way in the world.
• UEA Choir Christmas Carol Concert, St John the Baptist Roman Catholic Cathedral
On Wednesday, December 14 join UEA Choir for their annual carol concert in Norwich, featuring a range of festive favourites, performances from UEA Chamber Choir as well as a solo from organist William Falconer. The concert will take place between 7.30pm and 9.45pm, tickets cost £9 (full price) and £6 (UEA staff, students and seniors) and are available from Prelude Rcords and St George's Music Shop.
• Handel's Messiah, Norwich Cathedral
On December 17, Norwich Cathedral Chamber Choir and Norwich Baroque will come together to perform Handel's Messiah by candlelight. Tickets for the event are priced between £12 and £20 and can be purchased online, from the Cathedral Gift Shop, Prelude Records or at Norwich Theatre Royal.
• Swing into Christmas, The Forum
The Jonathan Wyatt Big Band returns to Norwich on Sunday December 18 to perform hits from The Rat Pack along with special guests, The Moonglow Sisters. Advance booking for the event is advised as the concert is always a sell-out. Tickets cost £14.50 and are available from www.theforumnorwich.co.uk
• The Mixed Voice Christmas Show, Open
A professional band and 100 of the best singers and dancers in the region will return to Open this Christmas to perform some of the nation's favourite Christmas songs. Expect a few surprises! The Mixed Voice Christmas Show will be on from Monday, December 19 to Wednesday, December 21 and will cost £18 per person or £55 for a family ticket.
• The Salvation Army Band, The Forum
On December 22, The Salvation Army Brass Band will be outside the Forum from 7pm performing some of your favourite songs and carols.
• Military Wives Christmas Concert, Norwich Cathedral
As part of their 'Home for Christmas' tour the popular Military Wives Choir will be visiting Norwich Cathedral on Saturday, November 26 to perform a selection of tracks from their upcoming album, as well as music from their two previous UK top ten albums, In My Dreams and Stronger Together. Tickets for the event cost £27.50 and are available from www.cathedral.org.uk
• Are you hosting a festive event? Let us know in the comments below.