12 things to do this weekend in south Norfolk
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
There is always a lot going on in South Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend.
1. Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream will be performed at the Diss Mere Park at 2pm on Sunday by theatre group the Pantaloons. Tickets are £13.50/con £9.50.
2. A commemoration of the longest strike in history will take place at the Burston Strike School on Sunday 10.45am-4pm, with live bands and choirs to entertain.
3. Live music, ale and cider will be on offer at Wymondham Rugby Football Club's annual beer festival which runs from 5pm Friday to 4pm Sunday. Visitors can camp on site.
4. There will be a 'Hexachordia' concert at St Mary's church in Redenhall on Saturday from 6pm, with poetry read to lute music. Entry is £5, call 01379 853120 for more.
You may also want to watch:
5. There will be a Pamper and Craft Evening at the North Wymondham Community Centre on Friday 6pm-9pm featuring a raffle, baby hampers and fairtrade goods.
6. Diss and District Horticultural Society's Autumn Show will take place at Roydon Village Hall from 11am to 4.30pm, featuring a tombola, plant sale and food and drink.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
7. There will be a Jazz by the Lake event at Besthorpe Hall on Friday from 6.30pm. Bring a chair and a picnic and enjoy the surroundings. Tickets are £10 from 01953452153.
8. Youngsters aged 3-10 can learn how to paint pottery mugs, bowls, and figures at the Attleborough Town Hall on Friday from 9am-midday. Cost is £7 per item.
9. The Old Rectory in Deopham Road, Morley St Botolph will have an open garden on Sunday from midday to 4pm. The 7 acre site has a working walled kitchen garden.
10. There will be a craft market at Wymondham's Central Hall on Saturday from 11am-3pm, including a raffle to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity.
11. The Grange at Fundenhall is hosting a family fun day on Saturday from midday, featuring a dog show, birds of prey, sheep racing - 'the Lamb National' and classic cars.
12. A Remembering the Past event will be held at the 100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum at Thorpe Abbotts on Sunday 10am-5pm to mark 75 years since the 'friendly invasion' of US airmen. There will be Second World War era vehicles and re-enactors.