10 things to do this weekend in south Norfolk
- Credit: Archant © 2009
There is always a lot going on in south Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend.
1. Hingham Antiques Fair will hold its monthly fair at the Sports Hall on Sunday 9.30am-1.30pm featuring up to 70 stalls. Entry is £1, food and drink available.
2. There will be a quiz night at North Wymondham Community Centre on Saturday to fundraise to help pay for a new roof, cost is £5 per person, call 01953 606709.
3. Old Buckenham Players' performance of Who Killed The Director? will take place on Friday and Saturday at the village hall from 7.30pm. Tickets: £8 from 01953 861336
4. Wymondham Abbey is hosting a food and drink festival on Saturday 10am-3pm with a cake-making contest and an emphasis on vegetarian food.
You may also want to watch:
5. Ashwren Players will perform their final show, Going Out with a Bang, at Wreningham Village Hall on Saturday from 7.30pm. Tickets: £6.50 on the door.
6. There will be a charity tapas night for the Jane Bayley memorial fund at Farmers Kitchen in Alburgh on Friday at 7pm, cost is £25 per person for a tapas feast and sangria.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
7. There will be a harvest supper at Weybread Hall Farm Barn on Saturday from 7pm, followed by a harvest service at the village church 6.30pm on Sunday. Call 01379 852110.
8. An indoor car boot sale will take place at Great Ellingham Recreation Centre on Sunday from 10am. All proceeds will go to the village pre-school, call 07443 562555 for more.
9. Goodbye Christopher Robin author Ann Thwaite will do a book signing at Diss Publishing Bookshop on Saturday 10am-1pm. Admission is free.
10. Diss and District Camera Club is holding their annual exhibition at St Mary's Church, open daily 10am-4pm, last day Saturday. Entry is free.