10 things to do around south Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There is always a lot going on in south Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend (Saturday, October 7-Sunday, October 8).
1. A 'Mum2Mum' market for baby and children's items will take place on Saturday 2pm-4pm at Hethersett Village Hall. Entry to the event is £2.
2. A family-oriented 'Messy Church' event will take place at St Mary's, Attleborough on Saturday 9.30am-11.30am with snacks, crafts, stories and songs.
3. ABTack in Leys Lane, Attleborough, is hosting a sale of second-hand horse stock on Saturday 10am-4pm, with a raffle, tombola, tea, coffee and cake.
4. Alex Lovelock, the 'Maverick Medium' will host a charity evening of clairvoyance and mediumship on Friday from 6pm at the Swan Hotel, Harleston.
You may also want to watch:
5. Harleston Food and Drink Festival and AppleFest takes place on Saturday 9am-3pm, with a street market, food and drink stalls and apple-themed activities.
6. The Diss Pub Scrawl is running at the Corn Hall - this is an exhibition of art and messages written on the back of pub coasters. Open 10am-4pm, Closed Sunday.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 3 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 9 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
7. Bunwell Church will host a lecture about emperor penguins on Friday from 7.30pm. Pickets are £7.50 from 01953 788283 or £10 on the night.
8. There will be a craft market at Wymondham's Central Hall on Saturday 11am-3pm. There will be a wide range of both modern and traditional crafts on display.
9. Wymondham Fire Station will have an open day on Saturday 11am-4pm with demonstrations, baking comp, search dogs and more, to mark the station's 50th anniversary.
10. Radio-controlled places will be flown at Hingham Leisure (Rectory Farm campsite) on Saturday from 7pm at an event hosted by the Watton Radio Model Club.
11. The Border Craft Collective will be holding its next craft fair on Saturday 10am-3pm at the Eye Town Hall, featuring wood craft, needlework, glass cutting and painting.