10 fun things to do indoors when it’s raining outside
- Credit: Ian Burt
With grey and gloomy weather set to continue across the region until the weekend, here is our helpful list of places and activities you can enjoy indoors.
1. British Superbike Championship riders will be at The Forum in Norwich tomorrow (Thursday) from 3.15pm to 4pm to meet fans ahead of a race at Snetterton on Friday.
2. Take a dip indoors at Center Parcs' 'subtropical swimming paradise' in Elveden Forest. The main wave pool is kept at a blissful 29.5°C and there are also slides and whirlpools.
3. Learn to fly a plane at Old Buckenham Airfield - indoors. Sim-Fly offers courses in a state-of-the-art flight simulator - and you can customise the weather.
4. Find your new favourite book at one of Norfolk's public libraries. Not only do they hold thousands of paper books, but they have extensive audio and e-book collections to explore.
You may also want to watch:
5. Discover Great Yarmouth's maritime heritage a the Time and Tide museum, set in one of the UK's best preserved Victorian herring curing works.
6. Keep the moisture on the other side of the glass and discover the wonders of the deep at Norfolk's two Sealife aquarium centres - in Great Yarmouth and Hunstanton.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
7. Expand your culinary repertoire and learn to make a speciality Norfolk food like Cromer crabs or Norfolk Gingers. Anyone for a Nelson slice?
8. The West End show Funny Girl is on at Norwich's Theatre Royal. The show first found fame with Barbara Streisand crooning the song People, 50 years ago.
9. 'Escape room' games are becoming ever more popular, and you can try out this fun activity in Norwich (Cryptic Escape) and Dereham (Puzzlescape).
10. Go to the cinema. There are new releases catering to every taste this summer - from the laughs of Despicable Me 3 to the heart-rending romance of Hampstead.