10 fun things to do indoors when it’s raining outside
- Credit: Ian Burt
With grey and gloomy weather set to continue across the region until the weekend, here is our helpful list of places and activities you can enjoy indoors.
1. British Superbike Championship riders will be at The Forum in Norwich tomorrow (Thursday) from 3.15pm to 4pm to meet fans ahead of a race at Snetterton on Friday.
2. Take a dip indoors at Center Parcs' 'subtropical swimming paradise' in Elveden Forest. The main wave pool is kept at a blissful 29.5°C and there are also slides and whirlpools.
3. Learn to fly a plane at Old Buckenham Airfield - indoors. Sim-Fly offers courses in a state-of-the-art flight simulator - and you can customise the weather.
4. Find your new favourite book at one of Norfolk's public libraries. Not only do they hold thousands of paper books, but they have extensive audio and e-book collections to explore.
5. Discover Great Yarmouth's maritime heritage a the Time and Tide museum, set in one of the UK's best preserved Victorian herring curing works.
6. Keep the moisture on the other side of the glass and discover the wonders of the deep at Norfolk's two Sealife aquarium centres - in Great Yarmouth and Hunstanton.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 3 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 4 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 5 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 6 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 7 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 8 Club announces closure after struggling with Wetherspoon competition
- 9 Valley of the Dinosaurs opening in Norfolk as part of £300,000 investment
- 10 Could Wendy's be opening in Norfolk next year?
7. Expand your culinary repertoire and learn to make a speciality Norfolk food like Cromer crabs or Norfolk Gingers. Anyone for a Nelson slice?
8. The West End show Funny Girl is on at Norwich's Theatre Royal. The show first found fame with Barbara Streisand crooning the song People, 50 years ago.
9. 'Escape room' games are becoming ever more popular, and you can try out this fun activity in Norwich (Cryptic Escape) and Dereham (Puzzlescape).
10. Go to the cinema. There are new releases catering to every taste this summer - from the laughs of Despicable Me 3 to the heart-rending romance of Hampstead.