Tuesday, October 30, 2012
How to stay safe at Halloween while still having fun.
• Make sure a responsible adult or older teenager accompanies you. Head off early - the early bird catches the most sweets!
• Always carry a torch and wear reflective or light-coloured clothing so that you can be seen.
• If possible, only visit houses of people you know (parents can often pre-arrange such visits) and stay close to home.
• Never, ever enter a stranger’s house.
• Check sweets before you eat them - throw away those that have been opened or unwrapped and make sure you know what you’re eating.
• Make sure your parents know where you’re going, if they’re not coming with you.
• Be polite, smile, say please and thank you and avoid dark houses or those with signs asking trick or treaters to stay away - it will normally be obvious which houses want to take part in Halloween trick or treating.
• Finally, don’t play nasty tricks and don’t try to frighten anyone - if the word spreads, no one else on the street will answer the door!