August 23 2014 Latest news:
Friday, September 21, 2012
Food lovers came together for a fun-filled evening that tested their tastebuds and brain power last night.
The Great Food and Drink Festival Quiz, hosted by Norfolk chef Richard Hughes at The Assembly House in Norwich, saw more than 100 people answering questions covering a wide variety of foodie knowledge.
Participants had to guess the flavour of the chocolates they ate with their coffee, identify a celebrity’s cook book, as well as show off how much they knew about Norfolk producers.
The evening, which included a sausage and mash supper, was part of the EDP Adnams Norfolk Food and Drink Festival, in association with Norfolk County Council.
Try the questions below to see how you would have fared (answers are underneath).
And head to our Norfolk Food and Drink Festival pages to try the EDP’s own food quiz.
1. What is the name of the famous company that produced seaside rock in Great Yarmouth?
2. Which local company produced the Marching Bar to give sustenance to our troops in the Great War?
3. Norfolk has two Michelin-starred restaurants. The first is Morston Hall – can you name the second?
4. Who was the first chef to get a Michelin star in East Anglia?
5. One of the world’s moxt expensive spices is now being produced on the North Norfolk coast, what is it?
6. Which Norfolk Pub was named the Family Pub of the Year at last week’s Great British Pub Awards?
7. Adnams owns and operates two pub hotels on the same street in Southwold, can you name them both?
8. Name the famous Norfolk cheesemaker whose cheeses are all named after North Norfolk villages, the most famous being Binham Blue.
9. Where will you find the Colman’s Mustard shop in Norwich?
10. Which local butcher’s won this year’s Battle of the Bangers?
11. Who founded The Moveable Feast and for which charity does it raise money?
12. Which cookery programme did Chris Coughbrough present for ITV?
13. Where is Norfolk Lavender located?
14. What is the name of Tim Kinnaird’s company and in which year was he on MasterChef?
15. A famous Norfolk cook made a cake for an album cover for a rock band in the 70s. Name the cook and the band.
3. The Neptune in Hunstanton
4. David Adlard
6. The Pigs in Edgefield
7. Swan and the Crown
8. Mrs Temple’s
9. The Royal Arcade
10. Tavern Tasy Meats
11. Lloyd Addison and Parkinsons.
12. Coastal Kitchen.
14. Macarons & More; 2010.
15. Delia Smith & The Rolling Stones – the cover was for ‘Let It Bleed’ which came out in 1969.