December 19 2014 Latest news:
Monday, July 14, 2014
You’re at Latitude Festival, the day’s headline band has finished but you’re not ready to head back to the tent yet. What are your options? Here is a flavour of what Latitude has to offer once the sun has gone down:
- The ‘In The Woods’ stage. As the name may suggest, it’s nestled among the trees at Henham Park. Wander through the woodland and there is live art being created for your enjoyment, and the main stage is by a clearing.
- BBC Radio 6 Music DJ Craig Charles has a set there on Sunday night, with international DJ Goldierocks among the others performing over the four nights.
- Those seeking something slightly out of the ordinary can try their luck at Indeedy Musical Bingo, In The Woods on Friday night. Like normal bingo but with songs instead of numbers, you will need a good music knowledge to know when your numbers are up!
- In previous years, the comedy and theatre tents have stayed open long after the main stage headliners have finished their sets and loaded up the tour bus - as late as 3am in the case of the comedy tent. While the Latitude Festival 2014 stage times have yet to be revealed, there will likely be late-night gems away from the music stages.
- Late Night iArena. Once the day’s iArena line-up is over, as if by magic it transforms into the Late Night iArena. The DJ line-up is curated by Tuesday Born with Audio Doughnuts, and includes Lone, Wookie and MJ Cole. Enjoy a dance in the tent at the edge of the woods until the small hours.
- Perch on a hay bale or a bench near one of the festival’s many bars, enjoy the beautiful Suffolk countryside and soak up the friendly atmosphere. Festival organisers pay huge attention to detail to the festival site, and sometimes it is hard to notice until you stop dashing between stages!
- Live acts by the water’s edge. Particularly true of the Thursday night - keep your eyes peeled for special shows. Last year, festival-goers were treated to a spectacular Swan Lake performance and trapeze artists suspended from giant balloons. What will this year have in store?