August Issue of the Pink Un magazine is available now: ORDER YOURS TODAY

Ryman North: Wroxham beat Thurrock to seal back-to-back wins

PUBLISHED: 06:30 20 August 2014

Remy Gordon scored for Wroxham in their win against Thurrock. Picture: DENISE BRADLEY

Remy Gordon scored for Wroxham in their win against Thurrock. Picture: DENISE BRADLEY


A second-half brace from Christy Finch and a wonder strike from Remy Gordon helped Wroxham to a dominating 4-1 win over Thurrock.

The Yachtsmen named an unchanged side from the one that claimed their first league win of the season against Cheshunt on Saturday, with Danny Rust keeping his starting berth ahead of returning club captain Daniel Self.

Both sides started well with half chances apiece, before two goals in three minutes swung the momentum in the home side’s favour.

Jamie Forshaw bagged the first on 19 minutes with a bundled effort, before Remy Gordon fired in a superb second from 25 yards three minutes later to take control of the match.

Wroxham were soaking up Thurrock’s attacks well, although the away side were guilty of missing some guilt edged chances to get themselves back in.

Lamar Reynolds headed straight at Elliot Pride, before Bradley Warner placed his shot just wide when one-on-one on 56 minutes.

The game then went into overdrive as it reached the final five minutes, Finch bagging his first on 85 minutes, before Robert Clark grabbed a consolation for Thurrock with an 89th minute free kick.

However, it soon turned sour as in the aftermath debutant Nathan Stone and Thurrock right-back Lewis Clark clashed, resulting in both receiving their marching orders in an unsavoury moment.

Former Gorleston striker Finch then grabbed his second in injury time with a good finish to seal the win and give Stewart Larter’s resurgent side back-to-back victories in front of an attendance of 76.

• Kirkley & Pakefield earned their first win of the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division season away at Felixstowe & Walton United.

Goals from Ross King, Dan Tacon and Kyle Baker in the first half saw Kirkley go in 3-1 ahead at the break and Ross Gilfedder wrapped up a 4-1 win in the second half.

Swaffham Town made it three wins from three matches in the First Division by winning 2-1 at March Town United.

Latest from the EDP


Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most Read Sport

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 10°C

Show Job Lists