December 11 2013 Latest news:
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Sam Sexton ends a 12-month absence from the ring tomorrow night when he appears on a London dinner show at The Millennium Hotel, Mayfair.
The 27-year-old Norwich heavyweight has a six-rounder against Lithuanian Remigijus Ziausys, a vastly-experienced campaigner who has only ever been stopped once in more than 60 contests, and he has been in the ring with some of Europe’s best.
“Sam has been looking superb in the gym,” said trainer Graham Everett.
“He has been in sparring with Dereck Chisora, among others, and can’t wait to get back in the ring on Friday.”
Travelling down with Sexton will be 20-year-old Nathan Dale, from Norwich, who is having his professional debut.
Dale has four three-minute rounds against Londoner Shaunn Watt, whose only outing was a points defeat last month.
“Nathan is in tip top form in the gym and has benefited greatly from plenty of sparring with Liam Walsh,” said Everett. “Nathan helped Liam get ready for his recent Commonwealth super-featherweight title defence against Paul Appleby.”