July 22 2014 Latest news:
Thursday, May 22, 2014
His links with Norwich City go back to the early nineties so he is a well known figure for fans of the Canaries.
Here is a look back at his career and some highlights about the man who has risen the racks to become the new City manager.
Top Adams Facts:
• Over the course of his career, Neil Adams played for a total of four clubs - with two spells at Oldham.
• His various transfer fees totalled £500,000 - half of which was paid by Norwich City to sign him from the Latics in 1994.
• He was sacked as the club’s under-14s coach by then manager Glenn Roeder during the 2007/08 season. Adams, in his role as co-commentator for BBC Radio Norfolk, had been critical of Roeder’s treatment of star striker Darren Huckerby
• His spell with Radio Norfolk is remembered by many fans for a memorable phone-in exchange with a particular irate fan, Barry, taking him to task over the club’s perceived failings on the training ground. Clips of the episode have been viewed thousands of times on the internet.
• In his five games in charge of the first team at the end of last season, the side scored two goals and amassed just one point.
• Can you add anymore? Comment below or join in the chat on our Twitter and Facebook pages.