January 26 2015 Latest news:
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will have to watch his side’s Premier League clash with Norwich City later this month from the stands.
He was given a two-match touchline ban and fined £20,000 yesterday after accepting an FA charge of improper conduct.
Pardew had been charged following an incident during his side’s match against Tottenham on August 18.
He was sent off during the 2-1 win after he pushed linesman Peter Kirkup after claiming the ball had gone out of play during a Spurs attack.
The suspension will take place with immediate effect meaning the Magpies boss will be forced to sit in the stands during the forthcoming games against Everton and Norwich.
Speaking after the Spurs game, Pardew said: “We’re overjoyed about the result but I hold my head in shame. I was just saying to the players about the great Olympics and how to set an example and there’s me pushing the linesman over. It was comical, he just happened to be right in front of me.
“I went in and said I’m sorry and said I would have to apologise publicly because it was ridiculous.”
City’s trip to Newcastle is currently scheduled for Saturday, September 22 (3pm).
Meanwhile City’s trip to Paul Lambert’s Aston Villa will now go ahead on Saturday, October 27 as originally planned, with a 12.45pm kick-off to allow for live television coverage. The game had been switched to Sunday, October 28 earlier in the season for the same reason.