February 1 2015 Latest news:
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Grant Holt is staying at Carrow Road after agreeing a new deal with Norwich City.
The Canaries skipper has signed a new three-year contract, just weeks after handing in a transfer request.
Holt, 31, put pen to paper earlier this afternoon on a new deal committing his future to the club until 2015.
Holt said: “I’m really pleased we’ve agreed things and that I’ve got a three-year deal which gives me and my family a bit of security.
“I do appreciate where the club was coming from in terms of the process we’ve gone through to get to this point. Now I’m just really keen to concentrate on getting back to work with the rest of the lads and concentrating on having a good pre-season and getting ready for the start of another season in the Premier League.”
Norwich City boss Chris Hughton said: “I said when I first arrived that talking to Grant was a priority as what he has achieved for Norwich and what he brings to the squad is there for all to see.
“It’s great news that he has signed a new contract and I’m really looking forward to getting down to work with Grant and the rest of the players when we return to training next week.”