November 23 2014 Latest news:
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Striker Chris Martin wants to stay with Norwich City and fight for a first team place, according to his agent.
The 23-year-old, entering the final year of his contract with the Canaries, has been linked with Burnley, after reported interest from former loan club Crystal Palace and Millwall earlier in the summer.
But Martin’s representative, Matt Kleinman, said the player had his sights set on proving himself to new City boss Chris Hughton.
He said he was unaware of any interest from Burnley. “There is always a lot of speculation at this time of year,” said Kleinman.
“At the moment there is a new manager and Chris is back in pre-season with Norwich.
“He is looking to prove himself at Norwich and play in the Premier League.
“We’re not expecting anything at the moment, although things can always change in a couple of weeks.”
Martin, with 34 goals in 114 outings for the Canaries, made just four first team appearances under Paul Lambert last season before joining Palace, where he scored seven times.
His agent does concede that he may look for another loan move this term if it turns out that he is not in contention for a place in Hughton’s team.
“If it materialises that he is not in the manager’s plans then he might look to go out on loan,” said Kleinman.
“But right now he is in pre-season with Norwich and looking to stay there.”