Young artists to take to the Norwich Sound and Vision stage
PUBLISHED: 07:00 10 October 2014
Young music stars are getting ready to wow the Norwich Sound and Vision crowds tomorrow.
Six local young bands - whose members are all under 18 - will be performing on this year’s Young People’s Stage which is at The Birdcage from 3pm until 7pm.
Clara Wiseman, projects manager at Community Music East, said audiences were in for a great afternoon of entertainment from the talented young performers.
She said: “It will be a lot of fun. It’s great to see young people making music and being able to express themselves and having a platform to do that. All the bands write their own songs and they are all quite unique and creative.”
The bands performing are:
• The Mondegreens - a Norwich-based four-piece indie rock band who already have several Waterfront support slots under their belt.
• Comic Book Ending - a Norwich-based band whose sound is described as a delicious blend of rock and alternative music.
• Lobster - an eight-person funk, jazz and soul-inspired group from Norwich.
• The Slides - a female-fronted four-piece band from Attleborough whose style of music is rock with shades of blues, pop and funk.
• Black Shuk - a four-piece indie, metal, blues and ‘whatever genre they feel like’ band from Norwich.
• Wolf Zombies - a four-piece rock band.
All the bands except Wolf Zombies have been involved in Community Music East’s Accelerator project. To find how to get involved in Accelerator visit www.cme.org.uk or call Clara on 01603 283379.
• The Young People’s Stage is at The Birdcage, in Pottergate, tomorrow from 3pm to 7pm. Free entry.
• Some of bands also feature in the >21 compilation CD in this year’s NS+V goody bag.