Woman treated after Wells tumble dryer fire

PUBLISHED: 10:09 04 July 2014 | UPDATED: 10:09 04 July 2014

Firefighters believed the car may have been stolen

Firefighters believed the car may have been stolen


A woman is being treated for smoke inhalation after a tumble dryer caught on fire.

Two fire engines, from Wells and Fakenham, were called to the blaze on Church Street just after 9am today.

They used hand appliances and hoses to tackle the flames and a thermal image camera to check for hot spots.

They brought the fire under control within 15 minutes.

An ambulance is still on the scene while paramedics treat a woman in her 30s for smoke inhalation.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Latest from the EDP

Show Job Lists

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 3°C

min temp: 0°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast