Search

FREE GoGoDragon! stickers in today's EDP and Evening News!

Click here

Update Business as usual after Lowestoft hotel evacuated after fire breaks out in bedroom

12:57 12 December 2012

Premier Inn, Lowestoft.

Premier Inn, Lowestoft.

Archant © 2012

A Lowestoft hotel was evacuated last night after a fire broke out in a bedroom.

shares

Guests were forced to leave the Premier Inn in Yarmouth Road after the blaze broke out just after 9.30pm on Tuesday

Three crews – two from Lowestoft South fire station and one from Lowestoft North – were called to the hotel which was near to capacity, and found one of the rooms was well alight and severely smoke-logged. Firefighters donned breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze, which was put by 10pm.

Guests were put up for several hours in the neighbouring Foxburrow Beefeater Grill.

The cause of the fire has been traced to a fuse-box in a bedroom.

Guests were checking in and out as normal this morning.

In February hotel chain Premier Inn announced a £1.8million extension to its Lowestoft site.

The work at the hotel saw the number of rooms increase from 60 to 99.

Premier Inn, which is part of the Whitbread group, said the investment would lead to another four jobs being created at the hotel, which opened its new bedrooms to guests on March 5, bringing the number of staff up to 72.

shares

Most Read

Featured Pages

Most Commented

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 23°C

min temp: 18°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the EDP
digital edition

Subscribe

Broads Outdoor Festival

cover

Enjoy the Broads
Outdoor Festival
digital edition

Read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Enjoy the Eating Out
in the Broads
digital edition

Read

Great Days Out

cover

Enjoy the Great Days
Out digital edition

Read

Get Into Summer

cover

Enjoy the Get Into
Summer digital edition

Read