UPDATE: Hopes high that Fakenham race meeting will go ahead tomorrow but decision postponed until the morning
PUBLISHED: 16:44 12 January 2013 | UPDATED: 16:44 12 January 2013
© Archant Norfolk 2012
A decision on tomorrow’s race meeting at Fakenham Racecourse has been postponed until tomorrow morning.
A course inspection was carried out at 3pm today and it has been decided that a further inspection is to be carried out at 8am tomorrow.
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of Fakenham Racecourse, said: “We would have been able to have racing on there today and we go into the night with no frost on the ground whatsoever.
“So we are hopeful that the race meeting will go ahead tomorrow but won’t be able to say for certain until after the inspection tomorrow morning.”
The first race is due to take place at 12.40pm.
See our website for updates.