Update: Cordon taken down after Bradwell man hurt in kitchen fire
PUBLISHED: 15:19 04 August 2014 | UPDATED: 17:29 04 August 2014
Archant Norfolk Photographic Â© 2011
A police cordon put up around a house in Bradwell after a man was hurt in a kitchen fire has been taken down.
Emergency services were called to the terraced house on Green Lane at about 9.15pm last night and taped off the area.
The 26-year-old man was initially taken to the James Paget hospital with burns to his face and back and has since been transferred to a specialist burns unit in Chelmsford for further treatment.
His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The other occupants in the house, two women aged 48 and 24, were unhurt.
A police cordon was placed around the house to establish the exact cause, but it is not being treated as a crime scene.
The fire service were not needed as the blaze was extinguished before they arrived.
Neighbours reported seeing numerous emergency vehicles in the road after the 999 call came in.
Yvonne Farrow, who has lived on Green Lane for five years, said she was alerted to the incident after seeing blue flashing lights outside her home.
She said: “When we looked out there was three fire engines, an ambulance and police cars. I’ve never seen so many fire engines.
“That was about 10.30pm, they were here for a couple of hours.
“We could smell smoke but didn’t actually see any fire. When I opened the door to see what was going on the ambulance was just pulling away, that went pretty quick.”
The 69-year-old said the street was usually “quite quiet”.
“You don’t like to hear of anyone being hurt,” she added. “I’m just pleased he’s not really badly hurt.”