May 25 2013 Latest news:
By MARK BOGGIS
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Two men are facing jail sentences following an aggravated burglary at a home in Lowestoft last year which left two women with serious injuries.
A jury at Ipswich Crown Court this afternoon (Tuesday, March 12), found Leslie Colvin, 31, of London Road South, guilty of aggravated burglary and two counts of GBH, in connection with an incident in Cambridge Road, Lowestoft in the early hours of Monday, August 27 last year.
Alan Harwood, 30, of High Street, Lowestoft, had pleaded guilty to the offences as the trial was about to start.
Both Colvin and Harwood have been remanded in custody to be sentenced at a later date.
Police were initially called by a member of the public to reports of a disturbance at the mid-terrace home and on arrival officers found the front door smashed in. They then discovered a 47-year-old woman and a 28-year-old woman, both with serious injuries and an ambulance was called.
The 47-year-old was left with life threatening injuries, while the 28-year-old suffered a broken arm and head wounds. Both were initially taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston but the 47-year-old was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
From the information passed to police, the two involved were quickly identified as Colvin and Harwood.
Detective Chief Inspector Steve Mattin, senior investigating officer in the case, said he was pleased Colvin had been found guilty.
“This was a nasty and vicious attack in the early hours of the morning on two defenceless women in their own home,” DCI Mattin said.
Terrorism returned to the streets of London today as two suspected Muslim fanatics butchered a man in broad daylight in the name of “Allah”.
max temp: 12°C
min temp: 10°C