June 19 2013 Latest news:
Friday, January 18, 2013
Only travel if necessary but if you do, remember to check our tips these before you go.
- Antifreeze: Check coolant regularly, and top-up with mixture of the right type
- Battery: A battery more than five years old may struggle in cold weather
- Petrol: Keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of delays
- Lights: Clean and check all lights regularly, and carry spare bulbs
- Tyres: They should have at least 3mm tread and check the pressure every fortnight
- Windscreen: Clear it completely before leaving
- Screenwash: Use 50pc mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce chance of freezing
- Locks and seals: Stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of Vaseline on rubber door seals
Police are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in a garden pond today.
max temp: 25°C
min temp: 15°C