February 27 2015 Latest news:
Adam Gretton, Reporter
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
A Thetford man, who was found dead in his bedroom, died from drinking too much alcohol, an inquest heard yesterday.
Jason Dance, of MacKenzie Road, went to see his GP on March 18 seeking help for his alcohol problem and told the doctor that he was “drinking himself to oblivion” most nights, Norwich Coroner’s Court heard.
On March 29, the 33-year-old was discovered collapsed in his bedroom by his sister.
A postmortem examination revealed that Mr Dance had 389 milligrams of alcohol in 100ml of blood and that more than 350 milligrams of alcohol can cause death.
A statement from his sister, Sarah Dance, said that her brother had a problem with alcohol for a number of years and that he had appeared drunk the night before his death.
His GP, Kim Tomlinson, added that Mr Dance had been keen to sign up to the Norfolk Recovery Partnership when they met on March 18 and he was going to refer himself to the service for help.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said Mr Dance died of an “alcohol related death.”