December 9 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
A small fire started at the British Sugar factory in Cantley after equipment overheated.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Acle and Great Yarmouth were called to the factory site at 5.48am today following reports that a blaze had broken out in a dryer.
On arrival, crews found the firm’s on-site fire team had the situation under control but remained on the scene to monitor and give advice.
Steve Lynn, factory manager at Cantley, said: “Due to a minor electrical fault, some equipment over-heated at our Cantley factory this morning.
“In line with procedures, we can confirm the problem has been addressed and there has been no further disruption to our operations.”