April 23 2014 Latest news:
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Dizzee Rascal has pulled out of the Sundown Festival.
The headline act has left organisers with a month and a half to find a replacement after pulling out of what was set to be one of the biggest music events of the year.
The rapper was one of two acts billed as headliners - the other being electronic music duo Chase and Status - for the September 1 - 2 festival, which has changed its name from The Norfolk Spectacular.
Festival spokesman Dion Clements said: “We are working hard to try and replace our head line act.
“While he is a big name, he is one in a long line of top acts.
“People should not be worried in the slightest, I would hope people would hold on until we have replaced Dizzee before thinking again about the festival.”
The event was a huge success last year, with 40,000 people attending over two days, and Mr Clements said the organisers expect even more this time around.
Olly Murs, Pixie Lott, Alexandra Stan, Stooshe, Radio 1’s Zane Lowe, Katy B, Ms Dynamite, Dot Rotten, Sub Focus, Diana Vickers and Labrinth are just some of the names confirmed for the festival.