January 28 2015 Latest news:
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
North Norfolk District Council is distributing recycling sacks to those areas, mainly in the west of the district, where recycling bins were not collected last week.
NNDC has contacted a number of community locations, all of which have agreed to act as collection points from which local residents can collect a small supply of clear sacks in which they can leave their extra recyclables next week.
NNDC is very grateful to these locations for their support and assistance. They are listed below:
* NNDC Offices, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN
* North Norfolk Information Centre, Meadow Road, Cromer
* Holt Town Council Offices, Kerridge Way, Holt, NR25 6DN.– open 10am until 12pm from Monday to Friday.
* Wells Post Office, Station Road, Wells, NR23 1AA.
* Sheringham Town Council, Town Hall, Church Street. Open Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am until 12pm.
* Fakenham Connect, Oak Street, Fakenham, NR21 9DY.
* The Village Store Weybourne, 2 Beach Lane, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 7AH.
* Blakeney Parish Council, Langham Road – open Tuesday and Thursday from 9am until 11am.
* Great Ryburgh Village Shop, 1 The Granary, Station Road, Great Ryburgh, NR21 0TG.
* High Kelling Stores, Cromer Road, High Kelling, NR25 6AJ.
Residents in these areas who missed their recycling collection last week and who therefore will not have their recycling bins collected until their due date after 28 January, will be able to collect up to four sacks from the above locations during their normal opening hours, in which they can place additional recycling waste.
The full sacks will be collected if they are placed by the green recycling bin on the normal day of collection.
NNDC thanks residents for their patience and understanding during the past few days inclement weather.
Work this week (including Saturday) will concentrate on clearing up the backlog of general waste (grey bin) collections.
It is hoped, weather permitting, that the collection of all general waste, recycling and garden bins in North Norfolk will be back to the normal schedule from January 28.